Can the size of the pictures on the login screen be changed. RRS feed

• Question

• I just built a new computer for my parents and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on it for them.

Their eyesight isn't all that great and they need things larger in order to see well. We got all the sizes adjusted inside windows to their need but the pictures for the log in screen are a little small for them. They have actually complained to me about it and wondering if there is a way to increase the size of the pictures and text for the log in screen with out messing with any of the video settings already in place.

Been trying to find a way to enlarge them but I'm not having any luck.

Is there a way to increase the size of the images and text on the Log In screen so it is much easier for them to see?

If there isn't, there REALLY should be a way to change the sizes of the stuff on the Log In screen for people with less than perfect eye sight.
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 4:02 AM

Answers

• Hi

The easiest way would be to set up the Ease of Access options, such as the Magnifier, to run when the logon screen is displayed.

See the following for the instructions.

Change Ease of Access logon settings

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, February 22, 2010 6:38 AM
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:57 PM

All replies

• Hi

The easiest way would be to set up the Ease of Access options, such as the Magnifier, to run when the logon screen is displayed.

See the following for the instructions.

Change Ease of Access logon settings

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, February 22, 2010 6:38 AM
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:57 PM
  • We did try that, but they seem to get annoyed with it getting in the way once loaded into the desktop.

I've noticed that Vista's welcome picture is much larger in comparison. Would there be a way to substitute the login buttons from Vista to 7?
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 6:43 AM
  • Hi

I don't think there is a way to replace that logon dialog.

Once they are at the Desktop, they can simply press WINKEY+ESC to exit the Magnifier.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 9:34 AM
  • hello,

We have the same issue, however we do need to have the log in box itself magnified only. We have visually impaired users that can not read the box.

Is there a way to change the registry settings to diply a larger log-in box. However once we are inside the desktop we are utelizing a dissability approved software to magnify all reading materails.

thanks for you help,

computer mom

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:31 PM