Poor Print quality in Business Reporter for Excel RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an intermittent problem with print quality in BRE 5 running in Excel 2000. To complicate things even more, excel is being run through Citrix 8. The print quality is "blocky" / pixelated when trying to print from Excel although the screen quality is fine. The Citrix connection settings are the same as other users, as is the printer and its set up - they do not experiance the same problem.

If you copy and paste from one spreadsheet to another the problem then goes when printing from the second spreadsheet.

Does any one have any solution to this problem rather than the copy / paste work around?

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Monday, November 17, 2008 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Stuart,

I've never heard of this particular problem with ProClarity products.  It seems as if this is only a problem with one user.  Can you try to eliminate some variables?  Can this user try printing from a non-Citrix machine, or to a different printer?  The intermittent nature of the problem is strange.  Can the printer driver be upgraded on the Citrix server?

-Joey 

Monday, November 17, 2008 10:38 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Joey,

I been supporting our SQL 2000 AS system here for the past two years and this is the first user who has had the problem.

I had already found out that the user can print from Word on the Citrix server to the same printer without any problem and always can.

The printer is the users local printer (might be shared - not sure but can find out). Printing from local applications doesn't give this problem.

I'll try to get an updated driver for their printer installed - this however will take some time as it will have to go through the company's centralized support system.

Will post the results of updating the driver when I have them

Thanks

Stuart

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:07 AM
  • I have seen many odd issues with excel all being resolved by simply copying the contect from one file to another and discard the old file... As you say everybody else prints fine. This means that Citrix/OS is not the issue, nor is the driver. Take the Excel file and ask another user to print it. If the issue follows the file then discard it...

~David

• Proposed as answer by Noseydgj Friday, April 29, 2011 8:26 AM
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:13 AM