locked
Management Point installation failure and Notification Server failure RRS feed

  • Question

  • Trying to install SCCM 2012 on Server 2012 with SQL 2008 R2 Sp2. The management point is failing to install and I'm seeing the following in the mpmsi.log "Error 25140. Setup was unable to compile the file CcmExec_Global.mof"

    I've tried the install numerous times with the same error. The only thing I haven't tried is blowing away the box and starting from scratch,

    Extract from mpmsi.log

    Failed to compile 'D:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\CcmExec_Global.mof' (Phase: 3, Object: 5, Lines: 76 - 83, Error: 80041002)

     Failed to compile 'D:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\PolicyDefaults.mof' (Phase: 3, Object: 4, Lines: 49 - 57, Error: 80041002)

    Failed to compile 'D:\Program Files\SMS_CCM\CcmExec_MP.mof' (Phase: 3, Object: 1, Lines: 31 - 36, Error: 80041002)

     Product: ConfigMgr Management Point -- Error 25140. Setup was unable to compile the file CcmExec_Global.mof

    The error code is 80041002

     Product: ConfigMgr Management Point -- Installation operation failed.

    Extract from bgbisapimsi.log

    Product: BGB http proxy -- Installation operation failed.Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: BGB http proxy. Product Version: 5.00.7804.1000. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Installation success or error status: 1603.

    Monday, January 21, 2013 5:53 AM

Answers

  • I have seen this issue in my lab. I have found that the User Account Control Settings may block certain .MOF's during the MP installation.

    1. Remove the MP 
    2. Disable UAC on the Server 2012 and reboot
    3. Reinstall the MP

    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:22 PM
  • I got it working. What I ended up doing is a combination of things which I read about on other posts with similar issues

    1. Running the installation as the local Administrator, eventhough my account had Domain Admin

    2. Running CCMclean to remove remnants of the 2007 client

    3. Blocking any GPO's from applying to the site server

    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:12 PM

All replies

  • I have seen this issue in my lab. I have found that the User Account Control Settings may block certain .MOF's during the MP installation.

    1. Remove the MP 
    2. Disable UAC on the Server 2012 and reboot
    3. Reinstall the MP

    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:22 PM
  • I got it working. What I ended up doing is a combination of things which I read about on other posts with similar issues

    1. Running the installation as the local Administrator, eventhough my account had Domain Admin

    2. Running CCMclean to remove remnants of the 2007 client

    3. Blocking any GPO's from applying to the site server

    Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:12 PM
  • Hi Glen  ..please I have the same issue and old sccm 2007 client on the machine ...do you explain to me the meaning of "Blocking any GPO's from applying to the site server" !!

    thanks a lot


    Hossam Wael Elmosallamy (IT Support Engineer-ECC Solutions) MCSE - CCNA hossam.wael@eccsolutions.net Mobile:(011)-49464671 www.eccsolutions.net "Experience Reliability"

    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:24 AM
  • I think the problem I had was solved by more of step 1 and 2. Although if you want to know about GPO blocking, it means disabling any Group Policies that  are applying to the OU your SCCM server is sitting in. Also make sure that you block inheritance. The only reason I mention this is because I read it on another forum as a possible solution, so I tried all 3 and seemed to work. As I said, ensure that you have run the first 2 fixes I mentioned and you should hopefully come good.
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:38 AM