SfB 2015, Mediant 1000B SBC and SIP trunk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to get my head around configuring SIP trunk on a Mediant 1000B SBC. I have seen Audiocodes documentation on SBC but are there any other resources which I can use ? I am looking for more simplified approach and hoping someone give me some pointers.

Right now I have configured Sfb (topology,trunk,dial plan),SBA and SBC but not getting any action on the GW :(

Thanks,
    NZ

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Netgizmo,

Question1:

Open the Audiocodes web interface,you could find it like the following screenshot.

Question2:

I suggest you contact Audiocodes,ask for a help.because our forum focus on the skype for business,if you have some doubts about Audiocodes,they will give more specific reply.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Netgizmo,

I recommend you to follow the Audiocodes documentation on SBC ,if you refer to simplified approach,it will make some unknown mistakes,no one can guarantee it.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 15, 2018 6:22 AM
  • Hi Leon,

Yes I did follow Audiocodes documentation and now we have a working SIP trunk .

However I noticed two things which I am still unable to figure out :( Any pointers would be great

1. For all inbound and outbound calls I see G729 codec is used. I was expecting G711 for outbound calls. Finguring out which part on GW is pushing G729

2. The GW has two interfaces LAN and WAN. Service provider is seeing all IPs including FE servers. We want to hide internal IPs so only one IP is seen on provider side .

Regards,

• Edited by Netgizmo Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:47 PM
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:47 PM
  • Hi Netgizmo,

Question1:

Open the Audiocodes web interface,you could find it like the following screenshot.

Question2:

I suggest you contact Audiocodes,ask for a help.because our forum focus on the skype for business,if you have some doubts about Audiocodes,they will give more specific reply.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

• Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu