Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• We are running Windows 10 build 1809 on about 12 different HP model computers. I would like to updating drivers on those machines with WSUS.  What is the right option to choose of these two?  and how big a footprint does each take?

Windows 10, version 1809 and later, Servicing Drivers

Windows 10, version 1809 and later, Upgrade & Servicing Drivers

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Jrauman,

According to your description, since it is not possible to confirm whether the required update is available for Windows 10 Version 1809 and later, my suggestion is to check the following options:

• Products
      - Windows 10 and later drivers
      - Windows 10 and later upgrade & servicing drivers
    • Classification
      Drivers

In addition, such an operation will bring a large number of drivers to your WSUS, which may increase database pressure. So I suggest you refer to the workaround mentioned in the following article to approve the update:

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:56 AM
  • Yic,

Why does MS even allow it if it causes issues with WSUS?

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:16 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, WSUS only receives and distributes drivers that are digitally signed by Microsoft, which means WSUS does not automatically recognize or download all the drivers needed for all devices.

So I think that all the drivers needed to import the client are the best way to use WSUS for driver approval.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:53 AM
  • This is great stuff. Why didnt they teach me this in WSUS school?

On the second site, the author says "This is not a replacement for central driver deployment and management. This is a bonus method to ensure extra coverage."

What does he mean by "Central Driver Deployment and Management"?  How does Microsoft recommend i handle Central Driver Deployment and Management? Is there a product? a best practice? 

Friday, June 7, 2019 10:02 PM