Sharepoint WFE firewall configuration RPC ports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Can someone please give us some advice - where setting up a Sharepoint environment and we have the DC and SQL server in our internal LAN then placed the WFE in the DMZ with Firewall between DMZ and internal LAN.

We've read several of the MS KB's on this setup and managed to configure majority of firewall rules to allow communication with AD and internal SQL server from the WFE.For some we've already use the MS KB's to configure static ports instead of dynamic ports.

However what we find is there's one we cannot identify and how there's one service which we cannot identify and find a way to lock the port we found  Sharepoint keep using the dynamic port (TCP49158) for authentication and cannot figure a way how to configure such that it uses a static port instead of dynamic.

Has anyone encounter this before of give some advise?

Much appreciated.

Momo
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:38 AM

Answers

• Try using a NETSTAN -anbo to figure out which service is using that port. Once the service is identified, next steps to fix the port can be taken.

Thanks,

Dip
    MCTS: MOSS 2007 Administration
    MCAD, MCSD
    My blog: http://dzeee.net/sharepoint
    Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 5, 2011 6:28 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:43 AM

All replies

• Try using a NETSTAN -anbo to figure out which service is using that port. Once the service is identified, next steps to fix the port can be taken.

Thanks,

Dip
    MCTS: MOSS 2007 Administration
    MCAD, MCSD
    My blog: http://dzeee.net/sharepoint
    Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 5, 2011 6:28 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:43 AM
  • Hi,

I have also noticed port 49158 to be used.  I believe this is a static port but it uses random TDS ports which use the same static TCP port 49158.

Cheers,

troy

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:34 AM