PrintBrmUi.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Today

Today we changed the IPaddresses on all printers.When we are not running Active Directory, this had to be changed manually on 120 +computers.
    I used C:\Windows\System32\PrintBrmUi.exe on my own computer to make a .printerExport file (Windows 7Ultimate)but on the client machines(Windows 7Home Premium) so I got the message that C:\Windows\System32\PrintBrmUi.exe not existed?

Is not C:\Windows\System32\PrintBrmUi.exe  it installed in windows by default?

Sincerely,
    Kjetil Pedersen

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:35 PM

All replies

• Hi

Have you looked inside c\windows\system32\spool\tools ?

You could also run a search from command prompt if you browse to the C: root and them run this command "Dir /s PrintBrmUI.exe"

Kind Regards

Sem

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Ok.. I did a search after PrintBrmUI.exe and found it in C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-p..ting-tools-printbrm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_83c1925fa396acd5

But if i try to open, it force close itself after 0,5 sec ~
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:03 AM
  • Hi,

PrintBrmUI.exe should be locate at inside C:\Windows\System32. If you want to find out this file, please try to open Start-> In search bar type PrintBrmUI.

As you mentioned that you found it in Winsxs directory, you should understand that WinSxS folder stores the shared components of side-by-side applications, is Windows native assembly cache. So that’s why you can’t open it.

Regards.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 23, 2012 9:42 AM
  • PrintBrmUI.exe should be locate at inside C:\Windows\System32 but is not there..

If i search after PrintBrmUI.exe on C: i only find it in winsxs

And if i take the PrintBrmUI.exe from another PC it still not working... if i try to open, it force close itself after 0,5 sec ~
    • Edited by Kjetil Pedersen Friday, November 23, 2012 2:21 PM Added more info
    Friday, November 23, 2012 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

I would like suggest you try to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 26, 2012 8:01 AM
  • Will try this tomorrow.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:15 PM