• Hello

I have a Dell 2950, Server 2008 R2 SP-1, it is a DC, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Etc

Local Area Connection 1 is the only active NIC with:

IP 10.10.1.50

SM 255.255.255.0

PDNS 10.10.1.50

IPV6 Disabled

Local Area Connection 2 is disabled

I had DHCP, DNS, Etc all working fine, the server was down for 2 weeks for a move, it is a DC and the only server (I know, I know, not a good idea)

When I fired it back up, the static 10.10.1.50 was gone the the NIC defaulted to DHCP

What would cause this?  I called Dell about anything configured for this, they said there is none,

Also noticed if I add DG 10.10.1.50 as same (Only 1 server is DC, WINS, DNS, DHCP, the DG returns to empty

Thanks

B.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hi B.

Based on your description, please make sure that this is not changed by someone else with admin access to the domain controller. Besides, we can check DHCP logs under Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\Dhcp-Client in Event Viewer to see if some related logs were logged.

Moreover, for this question is not related to group policy and more related to network, in order to get better help and analysis, it's recommended that we ask for suggestions in the following forum.

Platform Networking

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverPN

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:37 AM