Workflow account constantly removing and adding status changes to an incident RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we had a strange problem today. Our service desk kept receiving the same email notification for an incident over and over. For some reason one of our workflows was triggered repeatedly. I noticed that even after I closed the incident, the SCSMWorkflow account activated the incident again. When I looked at the incident history, I found out that the workflow account was removing and adding the changes to the incident I just had performed.

I didn't get rid of the problem until I restarted the System Center Management service (and disabled and enabled the Exchange Connector, just in case).

There's nothing in the event log. Any ideas what the problem is and how I can avoid it in the future?

Sebastian

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Sebastian,

as with many strange problems, it may be difficult to find the exact problem. What I would start looking for is:

Conflicting workflows - ie a workflow that triggers when an incident is closed and applies a template setting the status to Active, this might even causing a loop.
    Stuck emails in the workflow account mailbox - causing the email connector to read the email over and over again
    Exchange connector upgraded to v2.0
    System patched to latest version (today: SP1 with CU2)

Monday, November 7, 2011 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

I had a similar issue with a workflow I had created.

Mine was created using System Centre Service Manager and not the authouring tool (just for calirification :) )

My workflow (workflow 2) had inadvertently created a loop, it was applying a change which was triggering off another workflow (workflow 1), which was in turn triggering workflow 2.

Perhaps it is something like that.

Just my 2 cents, maybe this helps.

Monday, November 7, 2011 2:03 PM