none
Portal Customisation - Office.css RRS feed

• Question

• I have customised the css for the portal and placed it in the CustomUpdate folder

However I can see using firebug that while most changes I make in my customupdate version of office.css, one I made (to change the header logo) is being overruled by the non customupdate office.css

I can see in the urls that both the custom and original office.css are being loaded.  Surely only the custom one should be loaded, or at least it should be the one that takes priority?

Monday, March 7, 2011 1:25 PM

All replies

• Nudge - Ben / Ran, any ideas?

Thanks

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:19 AM

• Hi Zuzzy,

This is a very interesting problem you have here.  If I may try to assist…

Please double check the following points…

1)      Does this occur with both IE and Firefox?

2)      I’m sure you cleared the cache by now since you been having the issue for many weeks

3)      Did you double check your CSS syntax for mistakes?  Its possible…

4)      Did you place the OFFICE.CSS in the right location?  UAG changes how the heirachy system works for CustomUpdate folders for themes for reasons unknown to me.

5)      Finally, MSFT in SP1 changed how the login page and most important how the logo works.  They moved the logo customization from the CSS file into logo.inc file.   If you’re on SP1 and customized your logo in your CSS file, please move the customization and graphic reference into the logo.inc.

a.       You can find the sample file here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\InternalSite\samples\logo.inc

Keep us posted :)

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:44 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Zuzzy Monday, May 9, 2011 9:13 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:00 PM
  • Brilliant, thanks for that

it does happen with both browsers.  If I run firebug in ff I can see the CSS and how it is applied and firebug shows both CSS files and that the one not in CustomUpdate is taking precedence.  If I change the same line in the 'master' one then it applies, change it in the CustomUpdate one and it doesn't

I'm not quite sure what you mean about where it is stored..it is in CustomUpdate under the themes/office etc - it definately loads it as some changes I make work (the ones that aren't set differently in the 'master' css

Thanks

--Chris

Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:40 AM
  • Hi Chris,

To clarify what I mean by where it's stored..

If you created a custom Office.CSS  then it would belong in this path:

Correct:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\PortalHomePage\App_Themes\CustomUpdate\Office\Office.CSS

Incorrect:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\PortalHomePage\App_Themes\Office\CustomUpdate\Office.CSS

Thank you

Dennis

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:05 AM
  • I hadn't spotted the file had moved when I upgraded...but I know it was being read as I could see in firebug that it was being read and superceded by the parent one

Thanks

--Chris

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Can you send me the link to your UAG site?  dennis@celestix.com

Can you also confirm what patch level of UAG your running?

Thanks

Dennis

Sunday, May 15, 2011 5:59 PM
  • Sorry no, its an internal gateway between networks as a security perimiter so it is not internet accessible

I am running SP1

Thanks again for this, much appreciated

--Chris

Monday, May 16, 2011 8:24 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Let me recap, please, the steps needed to get your custom image (logo) on the top strip of the UAG portal home page:

1. Copy the file Office.css from the folder: ...\von\PortalHomePage\App_Themes\Office to the folder: ...\von\PortalHomePage\App_Themes\CustomUpdate\Office
    2. In this file, locate the section .topStripLeftCell and change the URL that appears for background-image. The modified background-image should look like this:
      background-image: url(Layout/<your_logo>.gif

where <your_logo> should obviously be replaced by the actual name of your image file.
    3. Save the modified Office.css file
    4. Place your custom image file in the folder: ...\von\PortalHomePage\App_Themes\CustomUpdate\Office\Layout

Regards,

-Ran
    Monday, May 16, 2011 11:32 AM
  • Hi Ran, you have missed slightly what I was asking.

My problem is that I can ssee in Firebug that changes I make in my CustomUpdate office.css are being overwritten by the default one ie the default one takes precedence.  The logo is not my problem

I know my CustomUpdate file is being read as a) Firebug sees it and shows the lines I entered and b) if I add a line that does not exist in the default office.css file the change gets implemented fine

Thanks

Monday, May 16, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Hi Chris,

You stated that:

[...] while most changes I make in my customupdate version of office.css, one I made (to change the header logo) is being overruled by the non customupdate office.css

Since in my tests this works as expected, I wanted to recap the steps with you, to make sure that you and I have performed the same customizaiton steps. 

Regards,

-Ran
    Monday, May 16, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Sorry, see what you mean.  Yes I did that.

The only thing I need to check is that the css was in the 'new' location as detailed, however I actually did a lot of this testing before I upgraded to SP1 and I assume the SP1 upgrade would have moved the files as necessary.  Given firebug was seeing the customupdate file it must have been reading it come to think of it...

--Chris

Monday, May 16, 2011 12:34 PM
  • I would also check that your logo image is in the right CustomUpdate folder (...\PortalHomePage\App_Themes\CustomUpdate\Office\Layout).

..BTW, now I *am* probably misunderstanding something, since I am not sure what you mean by "I assume the SP1 upgrade would have moved the files as necessary"... :)

-Ran
    Monday, May 16, 2011 1:00 PM
  • Scratch my last comment, I reread the thread and mixed two posts up when replying, that Dennis mentioned that the logo config now resides in logo.inc since SP1 (and not that the CSS path had changed in SP1). Oops:)

Monday, May 16, 2011 1:09 PM
  • Note that this is not logo specific, it happens on lots of changes I make in the CSS, I mentioned the logo as an example only.  it also happens when I change the borders of the portal frames and it seems anything where an opposing line exists in the default master.css as well as the customupdate css - eg *adding* display:none works fine (as it does not exist in the master, but changing a background image does not work

Its a couple of months since I reported this and I am getting myself confused now, I'll replicate it when I get a chance so I can do any tests suggested.

Monday, May 16, 2011 1:13 PM
  • OK, now I see what you mean. Thanks for the clarification.

I'll see if I can repro, and, if not, I guess we'll wait for any more details from you.

Best regards,

-Ran
    Monday, May 16, 2011 1:29 PM
    Monday, May 16, 2011 1:40 PM