Unable to create and run a task in Windows 7 Enterprise using SYSTEM Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I was creating a task in Windows 7 Enterprise. I wanted the task to run using the SYSTEM account.

When i enter the same it gives the below error:

In the area i have scratched it is the Computer name selected not Domain:

I also used SYSTEM still the same result:

When i try the same method in a Windows server 2012 R2 it works:

Can anyone explain why am i not able to create the task in Windows 7 enterprise and is there any way ?

Gautam.75801

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 4:45 PM

Answers

• If you've logged in with a domain account, logoff from the account, logon with a local account and then try performing the task.

Further, try searching for the user as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, rather than just system only, as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM points to built-in service account and just SYSTEM will point to a normal user account.

More information on system account can be found in the following link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684190%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Balaji Kundalam

Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi All,

It seemed that my account did not have permission to Add SYSTEM account.

I asked my team to add me as a local Admin on the desktop for my Domain account and i was able to do it.

Gautam.75801

Friday, April 8, 2016 7:38 AM

All replies

• If you've logged in with a domain account, logoff from the account, logon with a local account and then try performing the task.

Further, try searching for the user as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, rather than just system only, as NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM points to built-in service account and just SYSTEM will point to a normal user account.

More information on system account can be found in the following link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684190%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Balaji Kundalam

Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:37 AM
  • Hi Gautam.75801,

Based on your description, I noticed the error message, it seems that there is an article related to it, please refer to the link:

An object (User, Group or built-in security principal) with the following name cannot be found:

http://msprojectnow.com/blog/an-object-user-group-or-built-in-security-principal-with-the-following-name-cannot-be-found-nt-service-mssqlolapservice

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Hi All,

It seemed that my account did not have permission to Add SYSTEM account.

I asked my team to add me as a local Admin on the desktop for my Domain account and i was able to do it.

Gautam.75801

Friday, April 8, 2016 7:38 AM