none
External user should receive OTP and get authenticated when they try to log-in to the site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have  some external user who have access to some folders in a list and also to site via their company mail ID.

I have requirement where external should receive a OTP to their company email ID(to make sure that they are still associated with their organisation)  ,for first login of the day.

Please help me.

with regards Ravichandra

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

We have  some external user who have access to some folders in a list and also to site.

I have requirement where external should receive a OTP  ,for first login of the day.

Please help me.

with regards Ravichandra

Yes you can do that, make sure users check add a "Trust this Device" option to reduce frequency of multi-factor prompt

Please refer the OTP article:

https://www.shell.com/content/dam/royaldutchshell/documents/it-sharepoint/logging-into-sharepoint-online.pdf

Hope this helps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also “Vote" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your time and reply.

I have updated my requirement above,please suggest me know.

Regards

Ravichandra

with regards Ravichandra

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:32 AM
  • Hi,

Per my knowledge, there's no OOB ways to achieve your requirements.

You could refer to this article for more about external sharing:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/external-sharing-overview

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:46 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your time and reply.

I have updated my requirement above,please suggest me know.

Regards

Ravichandra

with regards Ravichandra

updated ... :) its just opposite that you wanted now  ... I agree with Michael there is no out of the box feature available to do this. 
    Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything to update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, February 15, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? Is there any update on your issue?
    I am willing to hear from you. 

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:03 AM
  • NO i didnt got any approach still. Please help.

with regards Ravichandra

Friday, February 22, 2019 12:24 PM