none
Question about CD-Object in Default GAL Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I had set up a FIM server for GAL Synchronization between two forest(User Forest one way sync to Resource Forest) and implment some custom logic based on Default GalSync . I found out that there is a issue in the implementation,

In our user forest, there are two domain with below users

1: Bob Chan,OU=GALContact,DC=DomainA,DC=contoso,DC=com

2: Bob Chan,OU=GALContact,DC=DomainB,DC=contoso,DC=com

After FIM Synchronization, both of them can be inserted in Meta-verse succesfully and they can be search in "Metaverse Search", and they will be exported to different OU according to the domain name. For example,

1: Bob Chan,OU=DomainA,OU=GALContact,DC=dest,DC=com

2: Bob Chan,OU=DomainB,OU=GALContact,DC=dest,DC=com

However, there is CD-Objects error when FIM is trying to export those object to target OU. The reason is samaccountname is same of "Bob Chan". I would like to know is there any way to write a custom code to check that, if there are same "sameaccountname" in the target ou and system should concatenate the domain name and samaccountname as new sameaccountname like Bob_Chan_DomainA.

Which event should I implement this handling? Please advise.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:31 AM

All replies

• You could check this with a Rules Extension for the Projection rule.

ShouldProjectToMV

Search the Metaverse for an object with the same sAMAccountName

Utils.FimMVEntries("sAMAccountName", csentry("sAMAccountName"))

If you find one then change the samAccountName of the new object to be something you think is unique and search again.

Be sure to index the sAMAccountName attribute in the Metaverse.

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:13 PM