none
Status Tab in Windows Sever 2008 R2

Question

• Hello,

Is there an update that we can install so that we can have a status tab in GPMC in Windows Server 2008/R2 (see image below), like the GPMC in Windows Server 2012 or a tool that we can download for the same function?

The point is, i want to see the GPO's that are having problem replication to other domain controllers.

For God, and Country.

Monday, October 17, 2016 12:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm afraid you'll need Windows Server 2012 for this as it is not available in 2008.  However, my research shows this feature is available in Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 with Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 8.  Not sure if that will work when connected to only an AD 2008 domain though.  You can also use classic tools to check for Group Policy replication issues, such as the below.

1. repadmin /showrepl
    2. DFSRdiag.exe
    3. GPOTool.exe

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Monday, October 17, 2016 1:04 PM
  • Hi,
    In addition, if you want to check the GPO replication status, you could have a try to use script for help: Get-ADGPOReplication is retrieving the GPO version and Sysvol version accross the domain for one or more Group Policy. This can help you troubleshoot replication issues.
    Please refer to the following article for the suggested script and see if it works on windows server 2008/R2: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Get-GPO-Replication-4db47c83#content
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:01 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:19 AM
  • The script only works for 2012

For God, and Country.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:04 PM
  • Hi,
    Appreciate for your update, and have you tried the suggestion from Todd? Is it working for you?
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 1:21 AM