Turn Off SteadyState Warning: "All Data will be lost on next restart" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm setting up a Vista Image Build with SteadyState.  I have most of my settings in place, with the exception of one.

I need to get rid of the error message that warns the user to save all work because it will be lost on the next restart.  This will be put in a Cafe style environment where the systems will be rebooted nightly to return them to the original configuration.

I want this event to be compeltely transparent so that the users do not have to see that message as it appears.  Anyone else successfully able to disable this warning when the user is logged in?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can remove bubble.exe from the registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.  Note that this also disables warnings that the Windows Disk Protection cache is running out of space, and the prompt for the administrator to save current changes when he logs off/restarts/shuts down.

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:43 AM

All replies

•  

Anyone have any suggestions on this? 

Thanks

Friday, September 26, 2008 6:18 PM
  • Hi,

You can remove bubble.exe from the registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.  Note that this also disables warnings that the Windows Disk Protection cache is running out of space, and the prompt for the administrator to save current changes when he logs off/restarts/shuts down.

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState
    Saturday, September 27, 2008 4:43 AM