none
Excluding Programs via GPO with spaces

Question

• Hi all,

I need some clarification on excluding programs off the root of the drive in folders with spaces. If I have a file I need to exclude, called text.exe and it is in a folder located at c:\A Special Folder\This Folder\text.exe how to I define that in the GPO under Define Inbound Program Exceptions?

Would it be as simple as:

\A Special Folder\This Folder\text.exe

Or do I need "\A Special Folder\This Folder\test.exe" or do I need to specify c:\A Special Folder\This Folder\test.exe ?

I am hoping I can get a quick clarification since I can't seem to google it. All I find are examples like %programfiles%\Folder\test.exe et cetera.

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks Elaine, I think I was looking for %homedrive%  so I could put %homedrive%\A Special Folder\This Folder\Test.exe.

It looks like it needs the "" to work so this would be the proper syntax:

"%homedrive%\ADDRESSING\A Test\From home\New Text Document.txt"

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 4:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post, generally the %programfiles% stand for the programfiles folder in the system drive. Such as: c:\program files.I  would suggest you to try with the C:\A Special Folder\This Folder\test.exe.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:50 AM
  • Thanks Elaine, I think I was looking for %homedrive%  so I could put %homedrive%\A Special Folder\This Folder\Test.exe.

It looks like it needs the "" to work so this would be the proper syntax:

"%homedrive%\ADDRESSING\A Test\From home\New Text Document.txt"

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 4:04 PM