none
Project Priority Field RRS feed

• Question

• I have defined both a custom priority field, and tried using the priority field you see in the "Project Information" tab within Project Client.

What table can I find these fields, so I may pull them out for excel reporting services.

I found the Custom Field, but can pull the data from it, I can not find the pre-existing field from the Project Information tab.

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:06 PM

Answers

• Darcy,

The Project priority built-in field is stored as part of the Project Summary Task in MSP_EpmTask_UserView where TaskIsProjectSummary = 1.

For example: 

SELECT TaskName, TaskPriority
      FROM [ProjectServer_Reporting].[dbo].[MSP_EpmTask_UserView] where TaskIsProjectSummary = 1

Hope this helps.

Treb Gatte

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi DarcyPM--

Once you create a project level custom field, it's added to MSP_EpmProject_UserView in project server reporting database views. You can add the field in Excel report like "SimpleProjectList" in PWA> BI Center> Reports> English (US)> All Docs or any other custom excel report.

You may need to make sue that you are connecting to server from MS project Professinal & then all the enterprise custom fields will be loaded in MS project. Another check to make sure there is no filter on department in Poroject information tab. 

Hope that helps.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Thursday, August 2, 2012 4:58 AM
  • Darcy,

The Project priority built-in field is stored as part of the Project Summary Task in MSP_EpmTask_UserView where TaskIsProjectSummary = 1.

For example: 

SELECT TaskName, TaskPriority
      FROM [ProjectServer_Reporting].[dbo].[MSP_EpmTask_UserView] where TaskIsProjectSummary = 1

Hope this helps.

Treb Gatte

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:20 PM