Sharepoint Datasheet View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a list set as default datasheet view but every so often I get "Datasheet view of this list cannot be displayed. Please wait while the page is redirected to Standard view. If your list does not appear in a few moment, open the list in standard view" and it reverts to standard view. I have tried active x settings, checking if I have windows SP services and web component in add/remove program etc but am unsure what to check next.

Any ideas as I have been unable to resolve this for quite a few weeks now.

I am on IE 8 and Office 2007 - SharePoint is a centrally located company version so not sure exactly anything about this.

Thanks

VBDev

Andrew (MCDST)
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please close all Office applications in your machine, then Start>Run>Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\ProductVersion, check if there is a name LastProduct in it. If it doesn’t exist, new a String Value named LastProduct with the value 12.0.6215.1000. If the problem persists, New a DWORD Value named ProInfo with the value 00000001.

If still cannot open datasheet view, try to delete the cookies to see if it works.

Thanks.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:26 AM
  •  

Hi,

Please close all Office applications in your machine, then Start>Run>Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\ProductVersion, check if there is a name LastProduct in it. If it doesn’t exist, new a String Value named LastProduct with the value 12.0.6215.1000. If the problem persists, New a DWORD Value named ProInfo with the value 00000001.

If still cannot open datasheet view, try to delete the cookies to see if it works.

Thanks.

Emir Liu

Hi

I also tried this one and there is no productversion directory.

Andrew (MCDST)
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

If you have installed the Office 2007, it should have had the productversion directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\ProductVersion, Office 2003 is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\ProductVersion. And Office 2010 is in 14.0 folder. Or could you please try it on another machines to see if it works?

Thanks.

Emir Liu

Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

If you have installed the Office 2007, it should have had the productversion directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\ProductVersion, Office 2003 is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Common\ProductVersion. And Office 2010 is in 14.0 folder. Or could you please try it on another machines to see if it works?

Thanks.

Emir Liu

I checked other machine in my work and this does not have the productversion either.

Andrew (MCDST)
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Hi,

To open a list in Access Web Datasheet, please make sure the computer meets the following requirements:

1.       Install 2007 Microsoft Office system on your computer.

2.       Install the Microsoft Office Access Web Datasheet Component that is included with 2007 Office release on your computer.
    Note: This component is installed by default when you install 2007 Office release.

3.       Use Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later to open the list.

4.       Make sure security settings in the browser support Microsoft ActiveX controls.

If one or more of the above requirements are not met, you will see a message indicating that the list will be displayed in Standard view. The settings you specified for the Datasheet view, such as column order, sorting and filtering, and Total row settings, will be applied to the Standard view before the list is displayed. However, settings such as row height, column width and hidden columns, will be ignored.

Note that even if you do not meet all of the above requirements, you will be able to make changes to the Datasheet view. The changes will be saved, and you will be able to see the effect of your changes the next time you use a computer that meets all the software requirements listed above.

Best regards.

Emir Liu

Friday, December 16, 2011 5:19 AM
  •  

Hi,

To open a list in Access Web Datasheet, please make sure the computer meets the following requirements:

1.       Install 2007 Microsoft Office system on your computer.

2.       Install the Microsoft Office Access Web Datasheet Component that is included with 2007 Office release on your computer.
    Note: This component is installed by default when you install 2007 Office release.

3.       Use Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later to open the list.

4.       Make sure security settings in the browser support Microsoft ActiveX controls.

If one or more of the above requirements are not met, you will see a message indicating that the list will be displayed in Standard view. The settings you specified for the Datasheet view, such as column order, sorting and filtering, and Total row settings, will be applied to the Standard view before the list is displayed. However, settings such as row height, column width and hidden columns, will be ignored.

Note that even if you do not meet all of the above requirements, you will be able to make changes to the Datasheet view. The changes will be saved, and you will be able to see the effect of your changes the next time you use a computer that meets all the software requirements listed above.

Best regards.

Emir Liu

On point 4 is this just a case of checking in tools > internet options > security > active x controls enabled?

Because how else can you check the browser ,which is IE, supports MS Active X controls?

Andrew (MCDST)
    Friday, December 16, 2011 8:40 AM