Microsoft Edge close itself ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello my Customer have Windows 10 in infrastructure for the lab environment but on Dell, Surface and other brand on a new image Microsoft Edge open and close automaticaly. The error in event is:

Error: 5973

Activation of app Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

What is the solution?

Friday, April 8, 2016 12:38 AM

Answers

• Hi sdechene73,

Did the issue only occur with Microsoft Edge? Are you using roaming profile?

"Do you know if any GPO cause this error?"
    According to my experience, the only known issue is that Microsoft Edge won`t work well with roaming profile.

If it is possible, we could try to create another OU and put the machine into this OU and define the policy one by one to capture the culprit.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 2:21 AM

All replies

• Microsoft Edge will close as soon as I open it.

kindly go through the above thread and run the troubleshooter as mentioned there.

You may also try the following:

Right click on Start button, and run command prompt (CMD) as admin. Type powershell when it opens and hit enter. Copy, paste this:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hit enter and wait.

You should also try:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hit enter and wait.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Friday, April 8, 2016 12:45 AM
  • Hello could you explain what the command it supposed to do?
    Friday, April 8, 2016 12:47 AM
  • The Get-AppxPackage cmdlet gets a list of the app packages that are installed in a user profile and helps to  re-register the app.

See:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn448380.aspx

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Friday, April 8, 2016 1:06 AM
  • Hello could you explain what the command it supposed to do?

Hello,

You need to simply re-register Microsoft Edge using this method:

http://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-re-register-a-specific-app-in-windows-10

Let us know if you need more help, Good luck :)

Windows Troubleshooting & How to guides - http://www.kapilarya.com

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:06 AM
  • My Customer said to me this command work but when GPo apply on desktop the Microsoft Edge clode itself. Do you know if any GPO cause this error?
    Friday, April 8, 2016 5:00 PM
  • Hi sdechene73,

Did the issue only occur with Microsoft Edge? Are you using roaming profile?

"Do you know if any GPO cause this error?"
    According to my experience, the only known issue is that Microsoft Edge won`t work well with roaming profile.

If it is possible, we could try to create another OU and put the machine into this OU and define the policy one by one to capture the culprit.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 11, 2016 2:21 AM