ISA 2004 SP3 uninstall error RRS feed

• Question

• For our service pack testing procedure, I am attempting to uninstall ISA 2004 EE SP3 from Add/Remove Programs on the configuration server.  The configuration server is in a Windows domain while the firewall server is in a workgroup.  Here is the error message.

The relation between the properties is incorrect.  When installing MSFirewall_Services you must specify STORAGESERVER_COMPUTERNAME.

Looking at the release notes, MS recommends that you use the following command to install SP3 on the firewall server in a domain/workgroup configuration.

msiexec /p <msp> REINSTALL=all REINSTALLMODE=omus STORAGESERVER_CONNECT_ACCOUNT=cssdomainname\username STORAGESERVER_CONNECT_PWD=password /l*v installsp3log.log

Based on the error message, I am assuming that I cannot uninstall ISA 2004 SP3 on the configuration server from Add/Remove programs but instead use msiexec similar to the command above.  Unfortunately, I am unable to determine what that command is.  I tried the general msiexec patch uninstall command of "msiexec /package {package_guid} /uninstall {patch_guid}" but that wants to completely remove ISA, not just SP3.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this.

Derek
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

That sounds nasty!

There were no issues with the installation I assume?

Not to change your config at all, but is there any reason why your firewalls are not in the domain? And how are you authenticating to the Config Server, Certificates?

I would seriously suggest that a call to MS would probably be the best way to sort this out, I would try this lab to, but I am using ISA 2006 only, sorry.

Re,

Dave.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That sounds nasty!

There were no issues with the installation I assume?

Not to change your config at all, but is there any reason why your firewalls are not in the domain? And how are you authenticating to the Config Server, Certificates?

I would seriously suggest that a call to MS would probably be the best way to sort this out, I would try this lab to, but I am using ISA 2006 only, sorry.

Re,

Dave.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:40 AM
  • No, no installation issues at all.

We authenticate by configuring the firewall rules to access an IAS server on the back end.  It is a legacy setup and that is an option to reconfigure it and put it in the domain.

Thanks for the response.

Derek

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:38 PM