Stsadm Export/Import library in SharePoint 2007 limitation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I want to move some document libraries from one site collection to another site collection and for moving I am using export and import stsadm command. One library size is around 90 GB and some others are around 60 GB, 50 GB, and 25 GB (including file versions).

I want to know is there any limitation for export/ import command for above sizes.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:43 AM

Answers

All replies

• There is no limitation for export and import command for those sizes or you can try Open with Explorer option as explained below:

By default, you can create a library template that contains up to 10 megabytes (MB) of content. However, an administrator can increase this size limit.

If your library contains many files or large files, you may exceed the limit for the size of a library template. Consider copying just the library definition, and then copying the library files in a separate operation by using the Open with Explorer command.

Never giveup till you get what to want.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:35 PM
  • I can use "Open with Explorer command" but i also want all versions of the files.

So in Open with Explorer command only latest version will be copied.

Regards,

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:09 AM
  • Hello,

Export/Import does not works for list/library in SP 2007, only for site, subsite. So you can try with below thread suggestions. (see my reply in below thread)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/df379ce2-164b-4194-b7a0-8f7fe7e2f3a6/backup-and-restore-single-document-library

Hope it could help

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:03 PM