none
Unable to initialize the user's profile for a system session RRS feed

• Question

• My AppV client is failing to load/start on a number of machines, with the error code of

0FD00D14-00000003

I've been unable to find any references to this error in any docs regarding MS AppV.  I've also found that the error corresponds to the following error in the event viewer:

The Application Virtualization Client was unable to initialize the user's profile for a system session (rc 0FD00D14-00000003), with a corresponding error code of 3220.

Anyone have any ideas why the client won't start/load?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:58 PM

Answers

• Heres the fix:

You have to delete all the keys in this registry:
    [HKEY_USERS\"CurrentUser"\Software\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Applications]

Cause:

The users roming profile has been moved, so the old path to SFT icons is still there.
    The user can't launch the application virtuallication client because off the wrong icon path.

I think the error is from an older client because it is not in the App-v 4.5

/Allan

ALH
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, January 20, 2012 3:36 PM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,

A stab in the dark:

If that last part of the error code maps into normal Windows error codes, it would be "The system cannot find the path specified.", which, given App-V's error message itself, indicates that on those machines some path used by App-V Client is not valid. For a system session, strong candidates would be (in no particular order):

- Global cache location (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\AppFS\FileName and/or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\AppFS\GlobalFileSystemStorage)
    - Global data directory (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Configuration\GlobalDataDirectory)

...and maybe a situation where %APPDATA% isn't mapped for some system account? Check those locations first and see if they exist.

Another thing would be to check App-V Client's own logfile (by default: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\sftlog.txt) and see if there's more descriptive error message pinpointing to exact issue. You can increase logging level from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Configuration\LogMinSeverity, where 4 is normal (Informative logging) and value of 5 might generate more interesting lines into it.

br,
    Kalle
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 8:04 PM
  • Heres the fix:

You have to delete all the keys in this registry:
    [HKEY_USERS\"CurrentUser"\Software\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Applications]

Cause:

The users roming profile has been moved, so the old path to SFT icons is still there.
    The user can't launch the application virtuallication client because off the wrong icon path.

I think the error is from an older client because it is not in the App-v 4.5

/Allan

ALH
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, January 20, 2012 3:36 PM
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 11:59 AM
  • The error codes means:

14 Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
    3 The system cannot find the path specified.

And the user profile path for AppV is not existing.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 1:26 PM