im a windows noob (i have only experience with windows xp) and i need help RRS feed

• Question

• i am having troubles with my windows 7 home premium at first it wouldnt let me download then that resolved its self but then at the beginning of march my computer with out my authorization went to what my friend told me was windows classic where the task bar is gray and white  and none of the other themes work  this happened just all of a sudden (the themes are all grayed out) i dont know what i need to do to fix this can some one show me how please much help would be appreciated

:)

Monday, March 17, 2014 12:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check Themes services is starting. Press Win + R, type services.msc in Run and scroll down to Themes, then set it to Automatic.

If this issue still occurs, try run SFC /scannow to fix corrupt system files in elevated privilege.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by F1ZZ1Y_Tw1St Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi!

It sounds like the license to Windows 7 isn't activated. You have a free 30 day trial where everything is working from when you istall the OS. Then you need to activate the license to be able to use all functions.

From where did you download the ISO?

If you need to activate the license, follow the following steps:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/activate-windows#1TC=windows-7

Best regards
    Andreas Molin

Andreas Molin | Site: www.guidestomicrosoft.com | Twitter: andreas_molin

Monday, March 17, 2014 8:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please check Themes services is starting. Press Win + R, type services.msc in Run and scroll down to Themes, then set it to Automatic.

If this issue still occurs, try run SFC /scannow to fix corrupt system files in elevated privilege.

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by F1ZZ1Y_Tw1St Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:27 AM
  • my windows os is activated i checked and made sure it was activated 

is there anything else that you know of that might help fix my problem 

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:52 PM
  • thank you sir you fixed the problem that made my blood boil 1500 celsius  
    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:55 PM