Change Management Request will not change from Status New RRS feed

• Question

• When I create a new Change Request the Status is listed as New.  The Status never changes from "New" to "Pending" or "In Progress."  In addition, my Review Activity Status is blank and I cannot approve the Change Request. Any ideas?

Friday, June 20, 2014 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can also try this : http://www.systemcentercentral.com/scsm-2012-tip-all-workflows-stuck-in-new-status-and-never-completing-issue-and-workaround/

1. Stop the 3 System Center Management services on the Service Manager Management Server responsible for your workflows:

• System Center Management
    • System Center Data Access Service
    • System Center Management Configuration

Note: Technically, I likely could have gotten away with just stopping the System Center Management service, but I wanted to give this server a fresh start.

2. Delete the contents of the C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Health Service State folder.

• Make sure the Health Service Store folder and the .edb files in it are deleted.

3. Restart the 3 services listed above.

4. Verify the contents of the C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Health Service State  folder are recreated.

5. The SRs in the “New” state should start processing and progress into the ”In Progress” state.

Remy BOVI

Monday, June 23, 2014 11:01 AM

All replies

• Sounds like a hung workflow.  How long has it been since the command server was rebooted?
    Friday, June 20, 2014 7:37 PM
  • I rebooted the servers just now and everything came back up as it was; new Change Requests still have a Status of "New", and Activities items have no status.
    Friday, June 20, 2014 8:07 PM
  • Can you try assigning the Review Activity? That means adding a reviewer to it, then click ok and wait 1-2 minutes. Click refresh on the Change Request and see if it changes.

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:33 AM
  • Hi,

You can also try this : http://www.systemcentercentral.com/scsm-2012-tip-all-workflows-stuck-in-new-status-and-never-completing-issue-and-workaround/

1. Stop the 3 System Center Management services on the Service Manager Management Server responsible for your workflows:

• System Center Management
    • System Center Data Access Service
    • System Center Management Configuration

Note: Technically, I likely could have gotten away with just stopping the System Center Management service, but I wanted to give this server a fresh start.

2. Delete the contents of the C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Health Service State folder.

• Make sure the Health Service Store folder and the .edb files in it are deleted.

3. Restart the 3 services listed above.

4. Verify the contents of the C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager\Health Service State  folder are recreated.

5. The SRs in the “New” state should start processing and progress into the ”In Progress” state.

Remy BOVI

Monday, June 23, 2014 11:01 AM
  • All review activities have reviewers assigned to them.  When I try to approve the activities I get an error stating that the activity(ies) cannot be approved because the status is blank.

Monday, June 23, 2014 1:48 PM
  • I have tried stopping the services, deleting the cache files, and re-starting the services; this does not help.
    Monday, June 23, 2014 1:50 PM
  • Hey

Did you somehow change the service account? Check the permissions, then retry ...

Cheers
    Marcel

Marcel Zehner // Blog --> http://marcelzehner.ch // Twitter --> @marcelzehner // Business --> http://www.itnetx.ch

Monday, June 23, 2014 3:45 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I have tried this but still staus is not changing.
    • Proposed as answer by Jorge Cruz1 Sunday, September 11, 2016 2:43 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2016 2:13 PM
  • I have rebooted the server today only.
    Friday, February 26, 2016 2:13 PM