Removing access to calendar - Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We need to disable calendar in some way. Either through the Outlook client or through Exchange.
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:41 AM

Answers

• So you want to use Google for calendaring but prevent users from posting in OLK? Not sure what you mean.

If a user has a mailbox on a Exchange server then they have full rights to their calendar and that's that.  You can mess around with permissions but that won't even help from what I can see.

As for stripping Outlook, you can use a GPO to perform some customisation but I would post in the OLK forum for that.

Sukh

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:21 PM

All replies

• not really clear what you want. For simplicity, use Outllok and set permissions on the calendar.

Sukh

Sunday, December 23, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Hi,

Why do you want to disable calendar ?

I just know how to disable it on OWA.

Exchange Management  Console—Server Configuration—Client Access—Outlook Web App(Double click)—Segmentation—Calendar—disable.

Server-Wide and Per-User Segmentation:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2007/management-administration/server-wide-per-user-segmentation.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 24, 2012 8:01 AM
  • We are looking to use Google Calendar for the enterprise, but not Gmail. We need to make sure that when a user receives a calendar invitation that Outlook (or Exchange) does NOT allow the user to post the meeting to their Microsoft calendar. It is also preferred that we are able to remove the links, buttons and other shortcuts in Outlook so that a user can't launch calendar to attempt to set an invitation via Outlook/Exchange.
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:03 PM
  • So you want to use Google for calendaring but prevent users from posting in OLK? Not sure what you mean.

If a user has a mailbox on a Exchange server then they have full rights to their calendar and that's that.  You can mess around with permissions but that won't even help from what I can see.

As for stripping Outlook, you can use a GPO to perform some customisation but I would post in the OLK forum for that.

Sukh

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:21 PM