RDS Web Access Incorrect Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up RDS With Web Access on Server 2016

The server is srv1.domain.local

gateway, which is the same server is set at srv1.domain.com  the certificate has the subject srv1.domain.local

I have another app that is using the 443 port, so I have set the gateway up to use port 8443.  I can connect to the site using https://srv1.domain.com:8443/rdweb and log in to the site.  However, when I try to open a remote application I get an error that the certificate being uses has expired.

Upon further investigation I see that when I log on to the site I get the srv1.domain.local certificate when I try to connect to a remote app I get the error on a PSWA Test Cert.  The same happens when I try to connect to a Terminal session using a gateway in the MSTSC.

I have tested and it seems like what is happening is when the webpage goes back to the server to run the app it is going back to port 443 and not 8443.

When I try change the captured gateway port to srv1.domain.com:8443 I cannot save it.

So how do I do change the gateway port in the RDP Client?

Regards

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:55 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Just do the following in the client config

This should help you to connect on an other port.
    Tuesday, December 5, 2017 12:35 PM
  • how did you change the port? you need to use powershell in order to change the port for webapp on GW server

Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration -CollectionName MyCollection -CustomRdpProperty “gatewayhostname:s:test.gwserver:8443”

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 12:52 PM
  • Do you have the the RD Gateway mangement tools installed?

than you can change them as the follwing pictures shows 

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding the certificate, ensure that the subject name matches the external FQDN (srv1.domain.com).

In addition, you may follow suggestions provided above to change RD Gateway port, and you may also need to change RD Web page port within IIS -> Sites -> Default Web Site -> Bindings.

However, I recommend you to use default ports for RD Web Access and RD Gateway and change port for the application if possible.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Amy Wang_ Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Monday, January 8, 2018 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:27 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates at the moment?

Best Regards,
    Amy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

Is further assistance required?

Best Regards,

Amy

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 3:15 AM