none
Creators Update for Win 10 version 1607 on April 5th ?

All replies

• Don't know if it is coincident or not.......

I went to google search and I used Softpedia site and downloaded the Update Assistant, against my rule of staying away from that website.
    Well, this time it is running to update.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:47 AM
  • What a load of horse manure !!!!

After many hours this is what I get.........................

SO ! I went from 14393.969 back to 14393.0

Wonderful !!!

Just hope my system image backup or the " Go back to " will let me go back to 14393.969

Update : OK. Ran the "Back to Previous build" option and now 14393.969.

• Edited by david hk129 Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:59 AM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:37 AM

Was the Upgrade Assistant that you used version 1.4.9200.17364?  If so, it would explain the re-install of 14393 since that version was the assistant for the Anniversary Update.

The new version for Creators Update that was briefly available a week or so ago was version 1.4.9200.17384 and would upgrade to the Creators Update.

I assume that this newer version (or possibly another updated version) should be available soon, if not today (April 5th).

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:18 PM
  • Hmmm I tried the one from Softpedia that claimed to be the Creators Update, it was filename "Windows10Upgrade17384.exe" and had a file version number of 1.4.9200.17384. It allowed me to upgrade but in the end I ended up with 14939.0 (I previously had 14393.969. So same results as david hk129. Seems the upgrade assistant version is likely the correct version, but the installer files that it pulls from Microsofts servers are the Anniversary Update verison.

Oh well. It didn't seem to blow anything up. I'm re-applying the latest Cumulative Updates and will patiently wait for the actual release to show up on Microsoft's servers. I've used the "Windows10_InsiderPreview_Client_x64_en-us_15063" on a few test laptops without issues, but I didn't want to use that one on my more "main" computer lol.. guess I should have waited a bit longer. Oh well :)

TLDR; Don't use the Softpedia Windows 10 Creators Upgrade Assistant :P At least not yet...

• Edited by trafsta2 Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:49 PM Edit: corrected version number that I was previously on
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:30 PM

Was the Upgrade Assistant that you used version 1.4.9200.17364?  If so, it would explain the re-install of 14393 since that version was the assistant for the Anniversary Update.

The new version for Creators Update that was briefly available a week or so ago was version 1.4.9200.17384 and would upgrade to the Creators Update.

I assume that this newer version (or possibly another updated version) should be available soon, if not today (April 5th).

Mine IS 17384.

Furthermore, see my first screenshot in post #2, under Update to the latest version of Windows 10.

It says it's going to update my version 14393 to 15063.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:00 PM
  • Check this Wiki article periodically for getting the update ASAP: Windows 10 Creators Edition Update release date April 11th  - How to get it now

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 4:50 PM
  • Check this Wiki article periodically for getting the update ASAP: Windows 10 Creators Edition Update release date April 11th  - How to get it now

The Media Creation Tool has now been updated for the Creators Update.  So I expect the Upgrade Assistant will grab the correct version now as well.
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:12 PM
  • Hi David.

As far as I know, the Windows 10 Creators Update has been released to MSDN subscribers and it is also available for download using the Media Creation Tool.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:25 PM
  • Forgive me, folks. I HAVE to say this................

I know we will get the Creators Update come April 11th. I do keep myself up to date relatively well.

The link(s) given to me since my last post tells me nothing I do not know or something that is irrelevant.

All that I have been wondering is why I failed to get the Creators Update in my Win 10 RTM while all the indications, supported by my screenshots, suggested that I was about to get the version 1703, OS Build 15063, on my RTM machine.
    I don't need to be overloaded with info irrelevant to my question/situation.

No more links please.

Thank you for your time.

• Edited by david hk129 Thursday, April 6, 2017 1:58 AM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:32 PM
  • Hi David.

As far as I know, the Windows 10 Creators Update has been released to MSDN subscribers and it is also available for download using the Media Creation Tool.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thank you.

Do I need to do a clean Install using the MCT iso file ?

Can I use the MCT ISO file to do an In-place Upgrade install so that I can keep my files, settings and apps ?

Or, can I just simply use the Update Now button ?

I just don't want to spend another 2-3 hours and find myself back to "less than" square one.

Thank you.

• Edited by david hk129 Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:48 PM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:37 PM
  • The Wiki article has been updated, although as of now the update is still not available, although it should be shorty.

Check this Wiki article periodically for getting the update ASAP: Windows 10 Creators Edition Update release date April 11th  - How to get it now

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:51 PM
  • Hi David.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thank you.

Do I need to do a clean Install using the MCT iso file ?

Can I use the MCT ISO file to do an In-place Upgrade install so that I can keep my files, settings and apps ?

Or, can I just simply use the Update Now button ?

I just don't want to spend another 2-3 hours and find myself back to "less than" square one.

Thank you.

You can decide either to do a clean installation or to perform an upgrade installation when you're prompted to choose the installation type.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:53 PM
  • I am downloading the iso file now.

When done, I'll check what version the iso file is for, 14393 or 15063.

Thank you.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:12 PM
  • From john.b :

.................The Media Creation Tool has now been updated for the Creators Update.  So I expect the Upgrade Assistant will grab the correct version now as well.................

From Luigi Bruno :

..............As far as I know, the Windows 10 Creators Update has been released to MSDN subscribers and it is also available for download using the Media Creation Tool.................

The statements above are also echoed by an Admin from another forum. Direct copy:

"Yes, the new version of the MCT tool will also upgrade you to the Windows 10 Creators Update."

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 7:30 PM
  • MCT does get updated and the iso is version 10.0.15063.

I just downloaded one and this is what dism says...........

• Edited by david hk129 Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:01 AM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 11:05 PM
  • Creators Update installed.

Method used : In-place Upgrade Install using the iso from MCT.

• Edited by david hk129 Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:39 AM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 12:31 AM
  • Creators Update installed.

Method used : In-place Upgrade Install using the iso from MCT.

Good.
    Thanks for this information, David.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:05 AM