Skype 'click to call' causing IE10 crash reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with IE10 crashing and having to restart?

Following error reports are produced;

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 10.0.9200.16438, time stamp: 0x509caa90

Faulting module name: skypeieplugin.dll, version: 6.5.0.11422, time stamp: 0x50c9e584

Resolution is to 'disable' both the addons

Both version are x86. I have yet to try with the x64 versions.

Reinstallation of both products has not resolved the issue, which occurs randomly and appears to work with no errors.

It is totally random and appears to have no triggers, even in a 'stand alone' state.

This is on both Win 8 Enterprise (trial) and Win 7 Ultimate. Both x64.

Suggestions and comments welcomed.

Friday, January 25, 2013 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

do you have any other addons (possibly flash get) or other 'programs' that save web content to your local disk for viewing later?

seems to be problems with running active content from your local drive... even when "Allow active content to run from files on my computer" is checked.....

there are some issue tickets at the MS feedback portal... http://connect.microsoft.com/ie that I am tracking. No workaround or resolution as yet, not even sure if "local active content" is the cause....

My guess for a workaround is to close all open IE windows before you run Skype (Start>Skype instead of launching from the IE command bar) or any other programs (off-line flash viewers, media viewers) so that there are no IE windows/tabs open that are mapping to the Internet Zone (local content is also mapped to the Internet zone).

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:35 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 11:19 PM