Not able to generate Audio (Av) Conferences in Skype for Business Server using Microsoft Stress and config tool (for SfB) RRS feed

• Question

• Load Configuration using UserProfileGenerator:-
    1. Created Load configuration with 1000 users
    2. Under General Scenarios, did configuration for only 'Audio Conferencing' with HIGH load level. Selected AdHoc and LargeConference.
    3. Under summary it showed that it is creating load for 38 users.

Ran the load and observed:-
    1. 38 users signed in.
    2. It showed "x AV Conferences active", but at the same time showed 'x conference join failures'.
    Means audio conferences are not successful.
    Please refer below screenshot for perfmon counter details for the load.

Note:- When I manually generated Audio conference by login into 3 clients, the audio conference is successful.

Also, when I do the same thing in Lync 2013 setup, with Lync 2013 Stress and Config tool, I do see audio conferences being generated and "0 conference join failures".

Please help with this ASAP:- Why only with load tool, generating audio conferences fails in Skype for Business. As this is failing, I am not able to move forward with my testing.

We have an application where we do capture the sip packets. There also,

1. With Skype for Business, we do not see the expected audio packets.

2. With Lync 2013, we do see the expected audio packets.

I again ran it and collected the SIP Trace. I do see some ERRORs and WARNings in it. Shared it at below location:-

SIPTrace

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hello Saurabh, 

Have you tried with different loads proabably choosing 250 and below and see how the  results are showing up , I see some reference where they have mentioned that the results will not be correct/ validate if  we choose users above 2000.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/5de943c0-7ccf-40ac-8f5c-94567240f89d/using-stress-and-performance-tool-to-generate-traffic?forum=ocscapacityplanning

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

• Though I did generate the load configuration using 1000 users, it generated three Av load xml files only for 38 users. I could confirm this.
    • Hence, the actual load generated is not for 1000 users and only for 38 users.
    • When I ran the same 38 users load with Lync 2013 previously and it did work fine.

I again ran it with SfB and collected the SIPTrace. Shared the link to it in my original question.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 8:07 AM