none
Do I need desktop client if I have MS Project Online Premium subscription? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Our company has MS project online subscription. I was wondering, if I have access to Online premium subscription, do I need the desktop client for anything? Can we create, manage and modify new project directly from online interface? 

The reason I am asking is, I use MacBook and there is no Mac client for project. If online version is usable without the use of desktop client at all, then I will get a subscription. But, if I need to have desktop client, I will need to go buy a new laptop first.

Anyone knows?

Best Regards,

Pavel

Monday, August 27, 2018 8:52 PM

All replies

• netpavel --

Given the fact that you are using a Mac computer with Project Online, then I think you only have two choices:

1. Use Project Web App to create and manage your projects.  Please note that the PWA user interface provides a very limited amount of the functionality that is available in the Microsoft Project desktop application.  I think you will find it provides enough functionality to get the job done, but no more than that.
    2. Ran Microsoft Project in a Windows emulator in your Mac.  If this is possible, you can take advantage of the full functionality of the desktop application.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, August 27, 2018 9:27 PM