SMTP rejected a (P1) mail from 'Email address' with 'SMPT Server' connector. The user 'System name' does not have not have permissions to send as this address RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, When i try to send a email form my EXE i was able to send the email successfully. when our Admin team change our Exhnage server for 2003 to 2010 my mail sending code is not working, i did`t change any code in my application. I am getting the following error SMTP rejected a (P1) mail from 'Email address' with 'SMPT Server' connector. The user 'System name' does not have not have permissions to send as this address. 'Email address' have the send permission. Why 'System name' (Server name) is acting as user? What is the problem ?? Please help. Thanks, Subbu.
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers

• Yes, i fixed the issues by settign the UseDefaultCredentials=False in the SMTP Client object.
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, December 12, 2011 2:41 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:52 PM

All replies

• Try changing your code to use a valid email address of a user.

Also, do you specify the SMTP server in your exe? and where is that run from?

Try creating a relay connector and test. - http://exchangepedia.com/2007/01/exchange-server-2007-how-to-allow-relaying.html

Sukh
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 11:29 PM
  • Hi Subbu,

Any updates?

If possible, please try to configurate a POP3/IMAP4 client to send mail to test.

Frank Wang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:28 AM
  • Yes, i fixed the issues by settign the UseDefaultCredentials=False in the SMTP Client object.
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, December 12, 2011 2:41 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:52 PM