Customise UAG Portal with our own branding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to customise the UAG portal to match our corporate branding. I have tried to add few new images in image >CustomUpdate folder. I have also added a new style sheet in the css>CustomUpdate folder. I have attached the style sheet to the standard.master file as a relative path like link href="../css/CustomUpdate/corporate.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />. In this style sheet all the images have relative paths. But its showing some log error saying the paths are illegal.

Any help how to add new images and css to UAG portal will be of great help.

Thanks

san

Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:38 PM

Answers

• Hi San,

UAG has "URL Sets" that only allow specific file types within PortalHomePage\images\CustomUpdate directory.  By default UAG only allows .GIF and .JPG.

Are you using .PNG?  if so, you need to update your URL sets to allow for PNG and BMP for example:

Under Configure >> URL Set

Old:
    /internalsite/images/customupdate/[^/\\]+\.(gif|jpg)

New:
    /internalsite/images/customupdate/[^/\\]+\.(gif|jpg|png|bmp)

Please note that, the same URL sets apply to .CSS files.  You cant just create one and link it, you will need to create a new URL set to allow for it.

For example:

Old:

/(secure)?[^/]+portalhomepage/css/(customupdate/)?(general|help)\.css

New:

/(secure)?[^/]+portalhomepage/css/(customupdate/)?(general|help|corporate)\.css

Thank you!
    Dennis Lee
    http://forefrontdennislee.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:57 PM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi San,

UAG has "URL Sets" that only allow specific file types within PortalHomePage\images\CustomUpdate directory.  By default UAG only allows .GIF and .JPG.

Are you using .PNG?  if so, you need to update your URL sets to allow for PNG and BMP for example:

Under Configure >> URL Set

Old:
    /internalsite/images/customupdate/[^/\\]+\.(gif|jpg)

New:
    /internalsite/images/customupdate/[^/\\]+\.(gif|jpg|png|bmp)

Please note that, the same URL sets apply to .CSS files.  You cant just create one and link it, you will need to create a new URL set to allow for it.

For example:

Old:

/(secure)?[^/]+portalhomepage/css/(customupdate/)?(general|help)\.css

New:

/(secure)?[^/]+portalhomepage/css/(customupdate/)?(general|help|corporate)\.css

Thank you!
    Dennis Lee
    http://forefrontdennislee.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:57 PM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Thanks Dennis. It helps
    Friday, January 7, 2011 3:32 PM