none
MIM 2016 Support for PostGre SQL

Question

• Hi EveryOne,

I wish to know if there is anyone who has been able to integrate the MIM 2016 SP1 Generic SQL Connector successfully with PostGre SQL 9.x Database.

The configuration works, and Import works as well but I am having some issues with Export Run. Troubleshooting with PostGre ODBC Logs shows that Export activity from MIM is not recorded, while Import activities are well logged.

On the MIM Synchronization Console, the error is described as "unexpected error 0x8ffe2740" after Export run.

I am almost concluding that this issue could because PostGre SQL is not on the list of supported Databases for MIM 2016 Generic SQL Connectors.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-identity-manager/reference/microsoft-identity-manager-2016-connector-genericsql

Appreciate some advice from anyone with some experience with this or a workaround to address the issue.

Thanks

Thursday, July 5, 2018 1:15 PM

Answers

• Hi

The documentation states it is supported for all 64bit ODBC driver databases but only tested for a few DBs listed:

The Connector is supported with all 64-bit ODBC drivers. It has been tested with the following:

• Microsoft SQL Server & SQL Azure
    • IBM DB2 10.x
    • IBM DB2 9.x
    • Oracle 10 & 11g
    • MySQL 5.x

So it should work in general but I never tried it by myself.

You could simplify your export by reducing the attributes exported to find the issue, might be some constraint or data format error or similar.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 5, 2018 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi

The documentation states it is supported for all 64bit ODBC driver databases but only tested for a few DBs listed:

The Connector is supported with all 64-bit ODBC drivers. It has been tested with the following:

• Microsoft SQL Server & SQL Azure
    • IBM DB2 10.x
    • IBM DB2 9.x
    • Oracle 10 & 11g
    • MySQL 5.x

So it should work in general but I never tried it by myself.

You could simplify your export by reducing the attributes exported to find the issue, might be some constraint or data format error or similar.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Thursday, July 5, 2018 2:41 PM
  • Thanks for your prompt response

Much Appreciated

Thursday, July 5, 2018 3:08 PM
  • Well, recently I was trying to configure the same MA/DB tandem and went with following:

1. Imports are working fine (though, some tweaking might be required, depends on database setup)

2. Exports are different story, neither TABLE nor SQL QUERY modes were working for me. I've enabled tracing for connector and was always getting the following exception below while constructing the export.

My OSR is quite simple (for lab purpose I use single-column table within db), the flow is as following:

accountName -> accountName

"CN="+accountName+,"OBJECT=Person" -> dn (initial)

Without dn flow I was getting sync-rule-provisioning-failed errors.

https://pastebin.com/aQyXjcWj - this is full trace log for sql query export (postgres table is called "exports") if anyone wants to see it also.

Being somewhat desperate I've decompiled connector dll with DotPeek and hope it will guide me on how exactly exports are constructed within MA, though its still work in progress.

I was getting different error, though, 0x80230721, but inner exception is a null exception within export constructor (line 2355, 2363 in pastebin log).

When I run export with TABLE config, the trace log is essentially the same, as well as the error.

Sunday, July 8, 2018 9:36 AM