none
Callout Tasks in Timeline View Disappear RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum members,

I'm having a  issue using the timeline view of Project 2016. 

When I select a task which is being displayed in the timeline bar to be "Display as Callout" the task disappears entirely from the timeline view.

I have checked formatting option to make sure text isn't white and these are non-milestone tasks. 

If I check in the Gant view the task is still showing as being selected as "Display on Timeline".

I'm stumped....

Friday, October 20, 2017 1:15 AM

Answers

• JCazzidy --

I would suspect that the Timeline view in your project has become corrupted.  If this is the case, you would need to delete the Timeline view from the project and then reapply the default view that is included in your Global.mpt file.  Before you delete the view, however, take a screen capture of the items included in the view in case you have to recreate it.

To delete the Timeline view, first make sure it is not displayed.  Then click File > Info > Organizer.  In the list of views on the right side of the Organizer dialog (in the project), select the Timeline view and then click the Delete button.  If prompted in a dialog to confirm the deletion, click the OK button, and then click the Close button.

After doing this, now reapply the Timeline view.  You may need to recreate what you displayed in the view, but at least now every feature should work correctly.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JCazzidy Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:02 PM
    Friday, October 20, 2017 1:19 PM

All replies

• JCazzidy --

I would suspect that the Timeline view in your project has become corrupted.  If this is the case, you would need to delete the Timeline view from the project and then reapply the default view that is included in your Global.mpt file.  Before you delete the view, however, take a screen capture of the items included in the view in case you have to recreate it.

To delete the Timeline view, first make sure it is not displayed.  Then click File > Info > Organizer.  In the list of views on the right side of the Organizer dialog (in the project), select the Timeline view and then click the Delete button.  If prompted in a dialog to confirm the deletion, click the OK button, and then click the Close button.

After doing this, now reapply the Timeline view.  You may need to recreate what you displayed in the view, but at least now every feature should work correctly.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JCazzidy Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:02 PM
    Friday, October 20, 2017 1:19 PM
  • Thanks Dale,

That got it.  A corrupted view it was...

Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:02 PM