none
Mail flow issue from On-prem to Office 365 urgent.

Question

• In our Exchange 2013 Environment having two CAS & MBX servers: CAS: CAS01, CAS002
                                                       MBX:MBX01, MBX02

In MBX01 mails flowing to all recipient working properly.

From MBX02 the mails going only to office 365 migrated users from on prem getting stagged in queue and after bouncing back to the sender. other mails flowing through MBX02 is working properly.

I am to able to telnet MBX02 25,465

I checked the MBX02 Queue viewer logs it showing :

2016-07-16T00:03:09.644Z,1,QUEUE,MBX02\4104,Retry,DnsConnectorDelivery,domaingbl.mail.onmicrosoft.com,(domaingbl.mail.onmicrosoft.com)::1:1:57f5de:0::0:0:;,379,0,0,0,0,0,External,Normal,0,57f5deaa-339f-4a2f-9fde-65303ff1de99,,"451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: ""421 4.4.1 Connection timed out."" Attempted fail",,
    2016-07-16T00:03:09.644Z,,SUMMARY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TotalMessageCount = 379; PoisonMessageCount = 0,

Time being I am redirecting the mails from MBX02 to MBX01 using this shell command; Redirect-Message -Server MBX02 -Target MBX01.contoso.local

Please help me to resolve..

Sabarish B

• Edited by Sabarish B Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:31 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:22 AM

Answers

• Understand that this is not the place for urgent support.  That would Microsoft Support.  They'll take your call at any hour of the day.  We're volunteers who aren't prepared to jump into action to help with urgent requests.

It looks like you have a firewall configuration or some issue that is preventing MBX02 from communicating with Exchange Online.  What that is, I can't tell you.  What will probably fix the problem for now is to change the send connector to Office 365 so that MBX02 is not in the SourceTransportServers.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:44 PM

All replies

• Understand that this is not the place for urgent support.  That would Microsoft Support.  They'll take your call at any hour of the day.  We're volunteers who aren't prepared to jump into action to help with urgent requests.

It looks like you have a firewall configuration or some issue that is preventing MBX02 from communicating with Exchange Online.  What that is, I can't tell you.  What will probably fix the problem for now is to change the send connector to Office 365 so that MBX02 is not in the SourceTransportServers.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:44 PM
  • Thank You Ed,

Sorry to the Forum. I removed the MBX02 from that send connector. We opened a ticket with Microsoft and some escalation engineer working on it. 

Sabarish B

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:19 AM
  • Hi,

The mail flow between On-premise and Office 365 is based on connector, and we need add mailbox server to SourceTransportServers if you want that mailbox server to route message to Office 365. Please try EMS or EAC to add it, for example:
    Set-SendConnector <identity> -SourceTransportServers <server1,server2,server3>

If this issue persists, please run Get-HybridConfiguration to list the configuration for further assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:43 PM
  • Hi,

Does this issue solved by add MBX02 into SourceTransportServers?

If not, would you please share your solution?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 22, 2016 2:21 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I had the same issue on my testing.  I had to enable the "Proxy through client access server" on the send connector to office 365 from the Exchange 2013 on prem.

Cheers

Lucky

Friday, December 23, 2016 12:08 AM
  • We had the same issue. That proxy-option solved the issue in our environment too. Thanks!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 12:19 PM