Deleting Files From AppData/Local RRS feed

• Question

•      Hello.

I've been trying to delete a file from my AppData/Local, because I need to re-install Discord. But here's the problem: I do Win+R, I type %localappdata%, and I find the discord folder. I right click and press delete, but it says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder.", so I hit Continue, but then it says, "You require permission from *My Computer's Name* to make changes to this folder."

Thank you!

-Z

Sunday, June 3, 2018 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Z,

Firstly, restart in Safe Mode and delete again.

Secondly, take ownership of this folder, delete again.

Thirdly, disable GPO: User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode, which is located in

Computer Configuration -- windows settings --Security Settings -- Local Policies -- Security Options

Restart and delete again.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Z' Monday, June 4, 2018 7:15 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Z,

Firstly, restart in Safe Mode and delete again.

Secondly, take ownership of this folder, delete again.

Thirdly, disable GPO: User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode, which is located in

Computer Configuration -- windows settings --Security Settings -- Local Policies -- Security Options

Restart and delete again.

Regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Z' Monday, June 4, 2018 7:15 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 2:14 AM
  • How would I restart in Safe Mode?

Monday, June 4, 2018 4:37 AM
  • Start Safe Mode in Windows 10

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-enter-safe-mode-in-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Monday, June 4, 2018 6:21 AM