none
Capturing an Image winpe10 RRS feed

• Question

• I use wds to load windows 7 images onto our Dell PCs. I am able to do this successfully.

We recently purchased Dell OptiPlex 3040 that came with Windows10. I am not able to connect to the deployment share with these PCs. The following is the message I received when I attempt to image the PC:

A connection to the deployment share (\\server\deploymentshare$) could not be made. The following networking device did not have a driver installed. PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_06BB1028&REV_15.

As a solution to THAT issue, I upgraded to WinPE10. This seems to have fixed the connection issue, as I no longer receive that error.

Now, however, I am not able to capture an image. These are the steps I follow: open \\ImageServer\DeploymentShare$ . Run LiteTouch.vbs. Follow the steps to capture the reference.

When I do this, I don't get any errors, and the status bar loads as if its working. But then it just goes away and nothing happens.

Ryan Piselli

Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:59 PM

Answers

• When I restarted and pressed f12 to go into pxeboot it began the capture.

I'm not sure if there is a setting to configure the automatic restart when capturing the image, or if this is different from prewinpe10 and winpe10; but nevertheless there is not an issue here. Everything is working.

Ryan Piselli

• Marked as answer by rjpiselli Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:16 PM
    Thursday, January 26, 2017 4:16 PM