none
Power Query - Salesforce missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've been searching the internet all day, and can't determine how to get Salesforce into the "Other Sources" menu of Powerquery. This article mentions installing the salesforce extension, but every site I've come to has a broken link for a download of that extension. 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2014/10/13/announcing-power-query-support-for-salesforce-com.aspx

I am running 32 bit Excel 2013 on Windows 7.  I installed the most up to date version of power query (9/30/2015) today. Can anyone help me?  I was really looking forward to using this extension.

*I can't currently add a photo until my account is verified, I will add as soon as I can.  The picture shows that when I click "From Other Sources", my only options are "From OData Feed", "From Facebook", From ODBC, and Blank Query.

Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Alan. Salesforce is only available on Office Premium SKUs.

Check the System Requirements section here for the details:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39379

Ehren

Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:55 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Alan. Salesforce is only available on Office Premium SKUs.

Check the System Requirements section here for the details:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39379

Ehren

Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:55 PM
    Owner
  • I have a user with the exact same problem - Salesforce does not appear under the "From Other Sources" dropdown in the Power Query tab.

This user has Microsoft Excel 2013 (15.0.4787.1002) MSO (15.0.4797.1000) 32-bit, Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013.  I have the exact same setup, and Salesforce DOES appear for me.  Any ideas?

I can provide screenshots once my account is verified.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:32 PM
  • Hi Julia. Do they have the same version of the Power Query addin as you?

Ehren

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:48 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ehren.  Yes, we both downloaded this version: PowerQuery_2.27.4163.242 (32-bit) [en-us].msi

PowerQuery_2.27.4163.242 (32-bit) [en-us].msi

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:09 PM
  • Hi Julia,

What sources does the user see under the 'Other Sources' dropdown? Do you know if they are running Office ClickToRun?

Cheers,
    Anton

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:00 PM
  • Hi Anton,

The user sees four options: 

-From OData Feed
    -From Facebook
    -From ODBC
    -Blank Query

The user is not running Office ClickToRun.  

Thank you,

Julia

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:37 PM
  • Hi Julia,

Those are the sources that are visible for non-Premium SKUs of Excel. If the user is sure they have ProPlus installed, would you be able to see what the registry keys are under the following? (run Regedit.exe and navigate to this folder, then copy them)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstalledPackages

Cheers,
    Anton

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:33 AM
  • Hi Anton,

Thanks for the tip.  It looks like the user does not have an "InstalledPackages" folder.  The user sent me a screenshot that shows the file path ends at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common.  Does that mean that ProPlus is not actually installed?

Thank you,

Julia

Friday, February 26, 2016 7:15 PM
  • Hi Julia,

If the registry key is not there, then that looks like ProPlus didn't get installed properly. Can you ask the user to repair their installation? After that, the key should be there and the premium sources should appear as expected.

To repair: Control Panel > Programs and Features, right click on their Office 2013 version and click Change. This should bring up the option to repair it.

Cheers,
    Anton

Sunday, February 28, 2016 9:55 PM
  • Thank you, Anton!  I will share this solution with the user.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2016 5:04 PM