none
Email disappears from Outlook 2010 & 2013

Question

• I currently have a client that is using Hosted Exchange and running (Windows 7 Pro 64B and Office 2010 64bit) and (Windows 7 Pro 64B 2013 32bit) on separate laptops.  No rhyme or reason that random emails will disappear from his inbox.  There are no rules or delegates set up on either of his devices.  The random email will sit in the inbox between 5-10 seconds and disappear without him moving it.

Tests have been ran to verify that email in question has been successfully delivered to recipient. An advance search within the account has proven zero results.  I have checked deleted Items and tried to recover from deleted items to see if email was inadvertently deleted. 

I have seen plenty of discussions of this sort and I am resorting this forum for help. 

Respectfully,

Larry 

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Larry,

Can you still see the emails if we view them in OWA? 

>>An advance search within the account has proven zero results.

When searching, did you set the searching scope to all folders?

Do you have any antivirus/security software installed? These antivirus/security program always integrates itself into Outlook and may cause some unexpected behavior in Outlook. I'd recommend you disable its integration in Outlook and then see if this issue continues. If you don't know how to do it, you can contact the support of the security program.

We may also try starting Outlook with /cleanviews switch in case these emails were hidden by filters. To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /cleanviews and press Enter.

In addition, do you have your email account synced with other devices, such as a mobile phone? If so, please try temporarily disable the synchronization and then see the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 6:16 AM