none
Project Server 2013 Timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Team member submitted timesheet.

2. PM approved status update & Timesheet approved.

3. Now Team member opened the same timesheet. updated the timesheet & saved. Now approved timesheet has been updated with newly entered hours without status approval & Timesheet approval

Can team member update the timesheet with out recalling, without stats update & without timesheet manager approval?

Is this Project Server 2013 bug or expected behavior?

Veera.

VK

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:15 PM

Answers

• Veera,

Are you sure that the resource is in the "Team Members" security group? The ability to update a timesheet without having to recall it is driven by a Category permission called "Adjust Timesheet". This is enabled by default for Team Leads, Resource Managers etc.,

My suspicion is that this permission has been enabled for the group that your resources are in.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:52 PM

All replies

• VK,

I think that is expected behavior.  I've noticed the timesheets doing this in pervious versions.  I would recommend closing the timesheet for task updates if you really need to lock down any subsequent changes after approval. Sever Settings > Time and Task Management > Time Reporting Periods and Set the status to "Closed" for the previous week.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:39 PM
  • Veera Kota --

I think you are seeing a bug.  In Project Server 2010, after a user submits a timesheet, the timesheet is locked.  This means that the Save, Send Status, and Send Timesheet buttons are disabled (grayed out).

In Project Server 2013, after a user submits a timesheet, the timesheet is NOT completely locked the way it is in Project Server 2013.  In Project Server 2013, the three choices on the Send pick list menu button are disabled, but the Save button is NOT disabled.  This means the user can make changes to the timesheet and save the changes, but the user cannot submit the timesheet.  If he/she needs to submit the timesheet with the changes, he/she would need to recall the timesheet and then resubmit it.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Veera,

Are you sure that the resource is in the "Team Members" security group? The ability to update a timesheet without having to recall it is driven by a Category permission called "Adjust Timesheet". This is enabled by default for Team Leads, Resource Managers etc.,

My suspicion is that this permission has been enabled for the group that your resources are in.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:52 PM
  • Prasanna,

You are correct, it's not a bug. As you said its security issue. Initially I tested with PM permission which has above feature. Now I cleared & working fine.

-Veera.

VK

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:57 PM