Perfmon Screen resize RRS feed

• Question

• How do you get the MMC to resize the list of counters at the bottom?  I'd like to be able to see more than one counter in the list at a time.
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:17 PM

Answers

• I had a similar problem where I'd choose multiple counters but could never see the last one, no matter how large I vertically adjusted the window.

(Note that I attempted to post a screenshot to explain this better, but this website wouldn't allow me to post because my account hasn't been verified... This account has existed for 10+ years!)

Anyway, the fix for this sizing bug was to extend the window's *horizontal* size until the horizontal scroll bar disappeared.

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Open “perfmon”, select Monitoring Tools\Performance Monitor and you can find there are a list of the counters added in the right pane.

Thanks.

Monday, February 21, 2011 5:09 AM
  • Weirdness.  I have two identical machines.  On one when I add counters the list does not go up.  I have to use the scroll bar to go down.  And it shows only one at a time. 

On the other one I add them and the list moves up.

Monday, February 21, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Hi,

It seems like a duplicated name issue on your Domain, I’d like to do “NSLOOKUP” to check if you get the desired result. 

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:12 AM
  • I'm talking about an MMC interface not a Name resolution issue.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Hi,

I have tried to reproduce your issue, but no luck. Can you capture this issue as the picture and post on this forum for the further research?

Thanks.

Friday, February 25, 2011 2:46 AM
  • I had a similar problem where I'd choose multiple counters but could never see the last one, no matter how large I vertically adjusted the window.

(Note that I attempted to post a screenshot to explain this better, but this website wouldn't allow me to post because my account hasn't been verified... This account has existed for 10+ years!)

Anyway, the fix for this sizing bug was to extend the window's *horizontal* size until the horizontal scroll bar disappeared.

Monday, June 3, 2013 5:50 PM

Thank you! This solved my problem. Alternatively, you can resize the columns in the lower pane (where the counters are listed) so that the pane's horizontal scroll bar disappears, and THEN the list will grow vertically when you add more counters.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:01 AM