Office 2007 Prints to wrong trays when printing older Word documents RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new windows 7 workstation and a new Brother Printer.  When I create a new word document and have the options in Word and Printer set to pull first page from tray 1 (Letterhead) and last page pull from Tray 2, it works great.  Page 1 comes from Letterhead tray and all others come from Tray 2 (normal paper0.  Now the issue comes up when I print a Word document that was created on the old workstation (XP) with a different printer (HP).  First page comes from Tray 2 (normal paper) and the rest comes from Tray 1 (letterhead). I could reverse the trays but the issue will get quite confusing for user having to swap trays for old and new documents.  I have looked everywhere and most info I have found points to the normal.dot file from the old Word.  I tried converting/saving the old Word doucment to the new format (2000 to 2007) with no luck.  Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.  I would like to stay away from creating multiple printers for each Word document type (old and new) or swapping the trays around..

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 1:59 PM

Answers