none
NPS Policy Automatic re-ordering after policy deletion

Question

• Hi guys !

I have a RADIUS server with 16 Network Policy rules.

First 12 of them have default processing order - from 1 to 12

13th has processing order 300

14th has processing order 301

Connections to Microsoft Routing and Remote Access server has processing order 9998

Connections to other access servers" has processing order 9999

If i delete any Network Policy rule, every Network Policy with custom processing order (300,301,9998, 9999) are assigned sequential processing order automatically.

For example 13th rules gets assigned processing order 13, 14th rules gets assigned processing order 14 and so on.

How can i stop this behavior and preserve my user defined processing order for rules ?

Saturday, March 03, 2018 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi

I test it in my lab and get a same result as you.

I suggest you disable policy instead of delete it. The processing order wouldn't change.

And I found some cmdlet to configure processing order 

There is a detailed link for you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/42851bf6-c436-4ad4-8fb1-f673bbf1390f/nps-policy-processing-order-automation?forum=winserverNAP

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 05, 2018 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just check the situation about your issue.

Best Regards,
    Frank

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 08, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Friday, March 09, 2018 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Frank

Friday, March 23, 2018 7:09 AM