none
How to get ride of annoying Web Slice Gallery.url in image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am hoping someone can guide me through. I just want to get rid of Web Slice Gallery.url which appears in C:\Users\%username%\favorites\links\

Before capturing an image with MDT 2013, i have tried to simply delete this url entry, but for some reason after image is deployed there it is again.

I have tried to put a command as FirstLogonCommand in unattend.xml: del "c:\users\%username%\favorites\links\web slice gallery*" but this doesn't seem to work either.

Can someone please tell me what am I missing here? Help is much appreciated.

Friday, July 1, 2016 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Per, sorry for the late reply.

The above paths for some reason did not have the web slice links for me, though i was able to resolve this issue by putting the commands in the "LogonCommands" section of oobe pass. It is now deleting the link every time.

Thank you for your suggestion and time.

• Marked as answer by Girish Verma Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:18 AM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hi

What OS are you trying to capture??

Have you tried to delete "c:\users\default\favorites\links\web slice gallery*" or "c:\users\public\favorites\links\web slice gallery*"

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Mobility
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Saturday, July 2, 2016 6:33 PM
  • Hi Per, sorry for the late reply.

The above paths for some reason did not have the web slice links for me, though i was able to resolve this issue by putting the commands in the "LogonCommands" section of oobe pass. It is now deleting the link every time.

Thank you for your suggestion and time.

• Marked as answer by Girish Verma Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:18 AM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:17 AM