MS Comfort 4500 mouse - double clicking left button is set too fast - Windows 7 PRO/Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• I am Running Windows 7 PRO/Enterprise & I work in M-F IT "level-3 support" (40+yrs).  I recently replaced an old MS Comfort 3000 mouse with a MS Comfort 4500 mouse --- re. (The Comfort 3000 mouse wore out.   I have visualaccessibility issues   e.g.  I am also using the Magnify Cursor set, w/pointer trails, & echo.)

==>  Now the 4500 Mouse left button needs to be double clicked faster than i can normally manage.   There were no issues with the MS Comfort 3000 mouse.         I might be getting a little slow?  

The W-7 Control Panel Mouse "button click speed" is set at the lowest level.  Using a Single Click also is not an option -- re.  (M-F software requirement conflicts).  

I am looking for any suggestions &/or solutions.  

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Lonn Harlan,

First of all, please make sure the mouse's software and driver is latest. If you don't update the driver, please try it. Refer to the link below:

Comfort Mouse 4500: https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/comfort-mouse-4500

In addition, if the problem still persists,  there should be something wrong with your mouses. As Ashidacchi mentioned, you could try another mouse and check the result.

If it within warranty period, I think you could request a replacement mouse.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:22 PM

All replies

• I'm afraid your 4500 mouse has some trouble. Please check how another mouse will work.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:17 PM
  • Hi Lonn Harlan,

First of all, please make sure the mouse's software and driver is latest. If you don't update the driver, please try it. Refer to the link below:

Comfort Mouse 4500: https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/comfort-mouse-4500

In addition, if the problem still persists,  there should be something wrong with your mouses. As Ashidacchi mentioned, you could try another mouse and check the result.

If it within warranty period, I think you could request a replacement mouse.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:22 PM