none
DeployR 8.0.5 (Enterprise) install failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Trying to install DeployR 8.0.5 Enterprise based on the deployr-install-on-windows instructions:

After installing the following successfully:

• jre-8u102-windows-x64.exe
    • RServer (Standalone) from SqlServer 2016

The next part of the installation:

• DeployR-Enterprise-8.0.5.exe

All dependencies are correct, however, it fails with an error during the actual install

The log file shows:

• Action start 14:31:32: PS_DeployR_Config. 

And looking at the config log we get:

DeployR Configuration started

get_DeployR_InstallPath.

DeployR configure encountered exception: Exception calling "GetFolder" with "1" argument(s): "The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))"

As a side note:

I've tried downloading deployrRserve_8.0.5.zip from github and installing it manually. but get the error message "file 'Rserve.exe' has the wrong MD5 checksum"

Help much appreciated,

Kind Regards

• Edited by GaryA1 Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:42 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 3:08 PM

Answers

• Hi GaryA1,

May I know where you get the installer bits? This was a known issue and fixed in the latest installer bits hosted in download page of MSDN and Visual Studio Dev Essentials. You should be able to get the fixed version from there after 7/17/2016.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by GaryA1 Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:38 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hi GaryA1,

May I know where you get the installer bits? This was a known issue and fixed in the latest installer bits hosted in download page of MSDN and Visual Studio Dev Essentials. You should be able to get the fixed version from there after 7/17/2016.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by GaryA1 Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:38 AM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem with DeployR-Enterprise-8.0.5.exe (The deployR installation Failed) and github method ("file 'Rserve.exe' has the wrong MD5 checksum").

MSDN LINK (Publication date : 26/7/2016): DeployR for SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Edition (x64) - (English)

Help much appreciated,

Thanks

• Edited by mterrien Wednesday, August 3, 2016 2:00 PM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Hi. I am getting the same error as JLRiva. 

Have you found a solution for the checksum error?

Thanks.

Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:55 AM