none
Slow response of Hyper-V Remote to Hyper-V Server 2016

Question

• I just installed Hyper-V Server 2016 onto a brand new server. (Completely new to Hyper-V)

When I connect using Hyper-V manager the performance is extremely slow. However, once I connect to a VM on the server the UI performance seems to be just fine.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Sailing,

>>When I connect using Hyper-V manager the performance is extremely slow. However, once I connect to a VM on the server the UI performance seems to be just fine.

Have you checked if CPU usage or memory usage is correct when you try to connect VM?

Please check if there is related information about issue exist。

Have you tried to connect VM by using RDP? How about result?

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 11:06 AM
  • "When I connect using Hyper-V manager the performance is extremely slow. "

How are you connecting?  Are you logged into the Hyper-V host and running the Hyper-V Manager console locally, or are you running Remote Server Administration Tools from a separate system?  If the latter, what OS is running on the other system?

. : | : . : | : . tim

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Monday, March 27, 2017 2:01 AM
    Wednesday, March 01, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Tim, thanks for the response!

I'm connecting from a remote computer that is running the Hyper-V administration tools running Windows 10.

Also I don't have any problems with using the GUI for remote VMs on Windows 10 (connecting to the GUI using the hyper-v manager)

THe initial connection to the server from Hyper-V manager is very slow, as is using the remote file browser.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 1:53 PM
  • Hi Sailing,

Since this issue is wired, I suggest you open a case with Microsoft, more in-depth investigation can be done so that you would get a more satisfying explanation and solution to this issue.
    Here is the link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/support-options-for-business

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 03, 2017 9:12 AM