none
Error When Trying to do Both Upgrade and Clean Install of Windows 7 on Windows Vista Laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to do either an upgrade or clean install of Windows 7.  The HP laptop I have is currently running Windows Vista.  

The error message is:

Windows cannot copy files required for installation.  The files may be corrupt or missing.  Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation.

I bought the .ISO file from eKey Market for about $55.  

I've tried resetting the laptop to factory settings, and still get this error. 

I've made 2 different DVDs with the .ISO files on them.

I am using an external USB CD/DVD drive.

What is the problem?

Monday, March 14, 2016 4:36 PM

Answers

• Did you just copy the .ISO file to DVD or did you use a utility to burn the  .ISO file to a DVD.  The is a significant difference because just copying does not give you the proper file information.  Burning the file to the DVD creates a bootable system disc with all the needed file clearly viewable in the Windows Explorer.

However you be a victim of fraud.  An internet search indicate eKey Market is a SCAM!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 14, 2016 8:13 PM
  • Microsoft does not permit reselling ISO files, especially since you can download them for free from Microsoft itself:

How to: What are my options for obtaining Windows 7 reinstall media?  

You likely have corrupt ISO media and if it was bought with a product key, it could be non-genuine.

Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin | Notebooks | Microsoft MVP

Monday, March 14, 2016 11:37 PM
  • Hi Mark Nakamura

According to your description, your ISO media maybe corrupt. Please download the ISO files from the official website. The link is below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

After that you can use the key which you had buy to install and verify.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:44 AM

All replies

• .iso file(s)?

as in more than one ISO?

Monday, March 14, 2016 5:11 PM
  • Did you just copy the .ISO file to DVD or did you use a utility to burn the  .ISO file to a DVD.  The is a significant difference because just copying does not give you the proper file information.  Burning the file to the DVD creates a bootable system disc with all the needed file clearly viewable in the Windows Explorer.

However you be a victim of fraud.  An internet search indicate eKey Market is a SCAM!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, March 14, 2016 8:13 PM
  • Microsoft does not permit reselling ISO files, especially since you can download them for free from Microsoft itself:

How to: What are my options for obtaining Windows 7 reinstall media?  

You likely have corrupt ISO media and if it was bought with a product key, it could be non-genuine.

Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin | Notebooks | Microsoft MVP

Monday, March 14, 2016 11:37 PM
  • Hi Mark Nakamura

According to your description, your ISO media maybe corrupt. Please download the ISO files from the official website. The link is below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

After that you can use the key which you had buy to install and verify.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:44 AM