none
How to get the original Project Creator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

The project owner for one of the projects was updated sometime ago. Is there a way to find who the original creator of the project was?

Thanks

meeta

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Meeta,

Unfortunately there is no history log of the project owner. As soon as the value is changed, the original value is overwritten. Unless you have a specific routine to log the project data changes or you have something like a weekly status report with the project metadata which might help you going back in time, you'll have to ask people.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by manmeetc Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:39 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Meeta,

Unfortunately there is no history log of the project owner. As soon as the value is changed, the original value is overwritten. Unless you have a specific routine to log the project data changes or you have something like a weekly status report with the project metadata which might help you going back in time, you'll have to ask people.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by manmeetc Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:39 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:54 PM
  • Thanks for your confirmation Guillaume.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:29 PM
  • You're welcome!

Please mark the reply as an answer so we can close the thread.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:30 PM
  • Hello Guillaume,

The Status Manager value for the Project Summary Task does not change from the first person that published (or loaded the schedule).  

So Meeta can get the information desired. 

Jerry

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:01 AM
  • Thank you Jerry for jumping in! Indeed it reminds me something about the status manager on the project summary row.

Since I can't test it, can you please Meeta try Jerry's proposal? I'll update the correct answer as soon as you come back to us.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:06 AM