Media Player Devices tab in Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone!  I'm having an issue with Vista Business and Media Player 11.  My computer has 2 sound cards installed: one for my monitor speakers and one for my home theater system.  This allows me to watch movies on my TV and still use Windows without the computer sounds coming over the home theater speakers.  This worked great in XP but in Vista, the settings have changed that prevent me from using the 2 sound card setup.  Specifically, in Media Player in XP do the following:

-Go to the Options dialog

-Click on the Devices tab

-Select Speakers

-Click on Properties

At this point youe are given a dialog window thas has a drop-down list of all available sound cards.  Here is where I choose the second sound card and this change only affects Media Player.  Perfect!  Unfortunately, in Vista when you get to the Properties window, the dropdown list has been replaced with an Advanced button that just brings up the Playback Devices dialog window.  Any changes here affect Media Player and all of Windows.  Is this something that will no longer be supported in Vista or under what circumstances will it work again?  Thanks!

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 11:47 PM